Tēnā koutou katoa - I am Laurie Foon.
I’ve lived in Wellington/Pōneke all my life and with my family in Berhampore for 23 years.
I’ve created a small business, where I pioneered ethical fashion in Aotearoa. I then worked to help Wellington businesses have a positive environmental and social impact.
I was elected to Council in 2019. Over the last three years, I have worked towards achieving:
- a closer partnership with mana whenua
- the building of more housing close to the city
- more low carbon transport options (like bus priority and cycle lanes)
- a waste-free Wellington, including future proofing our wastewater system, a smaller landfill extension and progressing a circular economy.
I’m running for Council again because I’m committed to having Wellington/Pōneke be a world-leading city that is thriving, good for nature and fair for everyone. So how can we get there?
Enhance Wellington’s uniqueness
- Wellington’s worldwide reputation is an innovative, creative and diverse capital, nestled in nature. Let’s enhance our uniqueness by better looking after our environment and people.
Create a city our young people want to inherit
- Let’s work together to create a city fit for our young people, with great low carbon transport options, plenty of quality, affordable homes, meaningful jobs, that is waste-free, fair and inclusive of everyone and where nature is thriving. Now is the time to make big changes to achieve this.
Working in partnership with mana whenua
- This means Wellington upholds Aotearoa’s Te Tiriti promises and ensures everyone thrives, and te ao Māori is embraced and celebrated.
Vote for me and I will continue to make good things happen in Wellington.
Get in touch
Email: [email protected]